The AUD Academic Advising Division provides advising services to students. An Advisor's approval is required in order for these students to register. The Academic Advisor assists students in adopting a program of study and creating an individual program of study document. Prior to the beginning of each term, these students are required to meet with the Advisor to whom they are assigned in order to review the status of their degree progress, to discuss university policies and departmental requirements, and to select courses.
- Develop students’ knowledge on their academic responsibility towards familiarizing themselves with the courses, course sequencing and load during their academic years.
- Encourage students to reach their full academic potential by setting up regular meetings, staying updated on their academic status and customizing course loads to each students’ capabilities.
- Personalize students’ experience by providing guidance on personal obstacles they face which influence their academic performance and conduct individualized follow-ups.
- Create greater responsiveness in regards to key academic factors that affect students’ progress towards graduation.
Procedures and Guidelines for Advising
Early Course Registration
- Complete the Clearance and Registration Form
- Meet with an appropriate advisor to discuss the courses of interest and obtain an approval;
- Visit the Finance Office to seek their clearance and stamp;
- Submit the Clearance and Registration form to the Registrar and sign up for courses.
- To access the portal